The Custom Microwave Quality Management System (QMS) is the process-based, certified set of documented procedures used in order to plan, verify, and improve all engineering, production, and test activities. We perform internal audits, and host customer and external audits, in order to maintain AS9100 Rev D certification, NADCAP accreditation, and customer approvals. Our current certificates show the scope of our certification and accreditation:
- AS9100 Rev D, Design & Manufacture of Advanced Antenna Feeds and Components; and,
- NADCAP, Chemical Processing; includes audits and accreditation of:
- Electroless Plating, Nickel;
- Electroforming, Copper;
- Electroplating: Nickel, Copper, and Silver;
- Solution analysis and testing: Metallographic preparation, adhesion testing, conductivity testing, coating thickness measurement;
- Thermal treatments;
- Stripping of coatings; and,
- Specifications including ASTM B733, AMS-QQ-N-290, ASTM B734, ASTM B700, AMS 2418, and ASTM B689.
We are able to comply with many other specifications and process requirements; contact us for additional capabilities.
Because of our controlled production and inspection systems, process documentation, and continual improvement, Custom Microwave has earned approval to design, produce, test, and deliver aircraft and spacecraft prototype and flight hardware to the aerospace industry, including:
- The Boeing Company;
- Ball Aerospace Corporation;
- Lockheed Martin;
- Space Systems/Loral (SSL);
- Northrop Grumman;
- Harris Corporation; and,
- Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL).
Custom Microwave, Inc. is committed to meeting our customers’ needs by continually improving quality, delivery, and cost through innovative solutions.
Custom Microwave inspection specializes in the tight tolerances that are required in order to provide high performance custom antenna feeds and components. A calibration system that is ANSI/NCLS Z540.1 and ISO/IEC 17025 compliant, plus advanced model-based inspection techniques and tooling, allow us to verify compliance with the tightest tolerances. Much of our inspection equipment is calibrated to a k=2 uncertainty of at or below .00004” (40 millionths of an inch). Our two Zeiss CMM have inspection volumes of approximately 27” x 27” x 18”, and are calibrated to a volumetric k=2 uncertainty no greater than .00007” (70 millionths of an inch). For larger parts and specialized inspections, we manufacture custom inspection tooling and partner with local inspection experts to meet any customer requirements.